Thursday, April 10, 2008

One Ugly Sick Momma


Just wanted to update you all on my progress. Some of you were aware that I was quite sick and spent some time in the hospital, some of you may not have been. But I am feeling good now. It was kind of a freak thing, I thought I had strep at first with the horrible sore throat and swollen lymph nodes but then I got swollen under my chin, and it was huge and hard as a rock. Skipping to the chase I finally got to a decent doc who sent me to the hospital where they did a cat scan and said I had an abscess, 75% chance I would have to have it surgically drained. He wanted me on steroids and antibiotics for two days before the surgery. Needless to say I did not end up having the surgery. The doctors were amazed. I credit lots of prayers, a positive attitude, and lots of veggies. I took my juicer to the hospital and had vegetable juice twice a day as I was on a liquid diet and couldn't chew food. Doctors still aren't sure why I got it because it's a strange location for an abscess, was not tooth related. Thanks again to all family and friends who helped out during this time!

No comments: