Monday, February 11, 2008

only pic on this comp

I was hunting northern Idaho this fall with my friend Andy when he spotted this buck about a mile away. We were not sure how big he was until we got closer I was suprised how tall and heavy he was. That was Andy's first trip and he could not decide if he wanted to take that buck or not I said I would take it if he didn't want it. He decided that he did, got a good rest and hit him first shot at 356 yds. The shot turned out to be to far back and the buck took off I then shot and Andy shot two more times, I hit him once good on my second shot and he tumbled 100 yds down the mountain. It was a fun hunt, an interesting note we found the shed horn from last year right where he was laying and it was a perfect match to the one from this year the buck hadn't improved at all.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Too bad about that shed antler. I love hunting stories.